Change The World
Fight For Someone Who Can't
Side Effects is partnering with The Thirst Project to raise awareness and funds to bring the hope of clean water to countries around the world.
Won’t you join us in eliminating the #1 killer of children globally?
What is the Thirst Project?
“The Thirst Project really was born out of a bunch of twenty-somethings using what we had to tell the story of the people without safe water.
We travel the country to Middle Schools, High Schools and College Campuses speaking to people our age. When we leave, students are really equipped to do their own fundraisers and make a real impact on the issue. In just five years, we’ve raised over $8 Million with this program and funded projects to provide over 300,000 people with safe, clean water! The need is great though. We can no longer ignore the #1 global killer of children.” – http://www.thirstproject.org/
Why Partner With The Thirst Project?
- Unity. Bring sports teams or the whole school together to raise awareness and funds to build a well and hope in another country.
- School Curriculum. The Thirst Project has material informing students about the water crisis for several subjects, making the problem educational and relevant.
- Fight For A Cause. Take the competitive spirit off the field to fight for those who can’t fight for themselves.
- 1 Billion people don’t have access to safe, clean drinking water
- 4,400 children die every day from diseases caused by contaminated water. That’s one child every 19 seconds.
- Waterborne diseases kill more than 2.2 million people every year.
- Children and women walk thousands of hours every year seeking and hauling water instead of going to school or getting a job to help support the family.
Before we put a well in the village, the school had 4 students. We put a well between the church, hospital, and school, and within a month there were 40 students attending the same school. – The Hole In Our GospelRichard Stearns
The Side Effects Well.
Side Effects is committed to personally building a well in Swaziland. This one well will provide a community of around 200 people with clean water for the rest of their lives. Our goal is to build on the success of this campaign and create a synergy in the hundreds of communities we work with to do the same to help eradicate the global water crisis. Click here to learn more about our campaign.
The Side Effects Well of Fame
Roughly $240 will give one family in Swaziland clean water for the rest of their lives. These generous people saw the calling to bring hope to others and gave $240 or more. Thank you for your generosity!
American Rescue Tech
The Corbin Family
The Harris Family
The Pippin Family
Gary and Pam Smiga
Angi and Dick Wendling
The Westerfield Family