Change The World
Transform communities with The Thirst Project and Side Effects.
Side Effects is partnering with The Thirst Project to raise awareness and funds to bring the hope of clean water to countries around the world. Won’t you join us in eliminating the #1 killer of children globally?
Warren Barfield was visiting a mountain village in Africa and went on a daily trip for water with his translator. They walked for an hour down the mountain carrying their 5-gallon buckets. When they arrived at the water source, it poured from the equivalent of a sink spout. There was a huge mass of people, where only the biggest and strongest men could fight their way to the front to get water. Warren commented to his translator, “What about this boy who came with us? How will he get water?” The translator replied matter-of-factly, “Oh, he won’t, unless someone fights for him.” The little boy Warren shared about has to walk several hours a day in a hot mountainous region to get a mere 5 gallons of dirty water for his family. When he gets to the water source, he sometimes cannot acquire any unless someone bigger and stronger will fight for him. Are you willing to fight for that little boy – for his family, community and nation? That they might have water? Connect with us to learn how your school can help.
What is the Thirst Project?
“The Thirst Project really was born out of a bunch of twenty-somethings using what we had to tell the story of the people without safe water.
We travel the country to Middle Schools, High Schools and College Campuses speaking to people our age. When we leave, students are really equipped to do their own fundraisers and make a real impact on the issue. In just five years, we’ve raised over $8 Million with this program and funded projects to provide over 300,000 people with safe, clean water! The need is great though. We can no longer ignore the #1 global killer of children.” – https://www.thirstproject.org/
Why Partner With The Thirst Project?
- Unity. Bring sports teams or the whole school together to raise awareness and funds to build a well and hope in another country.
- School Curriculum. The Thirst Project has material informing students about the water crisis for several subjects, making the problem educational and relevant.
- Fight For A Cause. Take the competitive spirit off the field to fight for those who can’t fight for themselves.
- 1 Billion people don’t have access to safe, clean drinking water
- 4,400 children die every day from diseases caused by contaminated water. That’s one child every 19 seconds.
- Waterborne diseases kill more than 2.2 million people every year.
- Children and women walk thousands of hours every year seeking and hauling water instead of going to school or getting a job to help support the family.
Richard Stearns, President of World VisionBefore we put a well in the village, the school had 4 students. We put a well between the church, hospital, and school, and within a month there were 40 students attending the same school. - The Hole In Our Gospel
The Side Effects Well.
Side Effects is committed to personally building a well in Swaziland. This one well will provide a community of around 200 people with clean water for the rest of their lives. Our goal is to build on the success of this campaign and create a synergy in the hundreds of communities we work with to do the same to help eradicate the global water crisis. Click here to learn more about our campaign.
The Side Effects Well of Fame
Roughly $240 will give one family in Swaziland clean water for the rest of their lives. These generous people saw the calling to bring hope to others and gave $240 or more. Thank you for your generosity!
American Rescue Tech
The Corbin Family
The Harris Family
The Pippin Family
Gary and Pam Smiga
Angi and Dick Wendling
The Westerfield Family
259 Industrial Dr.
Franklin, OH 45005